Who we are.
The Bay Area chapter of the Marshall Alumni Association serves the alumni in this area (over 4,000) by providing events and programs to help keep our network strong. Wether you are fresh out of Marshall, or well into your current career, our chapter is for you.
We have a sucessful line-up of annual events, as well as monthly re-occuring events, all aimed at helping strengthen current relationships, as well as foster new relationships. We know the Bay Area is vast, so we alternate networking activity locations to make participation avaialble to everyone.
The Bay Area board gathers constant feedback and more importantly, acts on that feedback to best serve the Marshall alumni.
We want to get to know YOU! Please consider joining the Bay Area Marshall Alumni community and help us continue to build and strengthen the Marshall network.
Remember - The Marshall network is only as strong as we make it!
If you have any questions, or want to get invovled, please email our president, Kyle Kamka. Kyle.firstname.lastname@example.org
What we do. (events)
Our chapter has a history of planning and executing dynamic and enjoyable events. We hold monthly networking events, and also various annual events.
Monthly Networking Events:
Due to the fact that the Bay Area is vast, we alternate the location of our monthly networking event location between San Francisco and San Jose. These location were chosen by the Bay Area alumni.
3rd Thursday of each month.
For San Francisco we hold a Luncheon in Jan, March, May, July, Sept, Nov.
For San Jose we hold a Happy Hour (after work) in Feb, April, June, Aug, Oct.
For the San Francisco Events, email Blake Ellis at email@example.com or Rob March at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the San Jose Events, email Anthony DeLuca at email@example.com
Our annual events are truly not to be missed. If you can’t make the monthly networking activities, all true Marshall alumni can hopefully engage with other Bay Area alumni a few times a year. These events include:
- Career Day – This event is a pinnacle annual event. Themes change from year to year to serve the needs of our alumni, but in general, this event offers valuable insight and information that is actionable whether you are actively looking for a job, making a career change, or simply looking for tips and best practices to stay on top of your career. Senior executives, mid-career professionals, or recent graduates, you won’t want to miss out on this event.
This event typically occurs in the early spring (March or April) and is usually held in HP’s facilities (either in Palo Alto, or Cupertino).
- USC Football Weekender – Once a year, the USC football team travels up to the Bay Are to play either Stanford or Berkeley. There are a host of activities that occur over the weekend, (these vary year to year in detail).
- The Business of Sports – Each year we "team up" with a popular local sports team, enjoy a presentation by a business executive that discusses the business of that sport/team, and often enjoy watching a real game to end the evening. Past events have included the San Francisco Giants & the Golden State Warriors.
- Wine-Tasting - This is a great event to network with your fellow Trojans while relaxing with a glass of wine. Often we are able to find a winery that will allow our group a private area to enjoy tasting wines from around the world.
- Game Watching Parties - We've hosted a few USC game-watching pizza parties, and plan on more in the future. These type of networking opportunities are casual, spirited, and loads of fun.
We are always looking for corporate partners that would host our group and possibly deliver high-level corporate business remarks.
This helps our Bay Area community to continue the type of business/strategic learning we enjoyed at Marshall.
Contact us if you would like to help us plan such an event with your company. Email AlumniChapter_SF@marshall.usc.edu